On 26 October 2016, Professional Women’s Network (PWN) Madrid celebrated their tenth anniversary during an event in Madrid. To mark the occasion, the organisation proposed a ‘Decalogue’ to educators, the government, media, companies and other sectors of society, intended to increase women’s presence in management positions.
Their Decalogue is as follows:
- As a society, we need to update the models of business leadership and not stigmatise men who share the care of children.
- As government, it is clear that self-regulation has not worked and we must articulate the necessary legislation for the promotion of women to senior management positions.
- As women, we must dare to take on new challenges, move out of our comfort zone and engage companies to shift and combat gender prejudice.
- In companies, the commitment of senior management is key to progress and should invest in mentoring programs for future leaders.
- Regarding education, both women and men must be trained in new patterns and greater emotional intelligence skills that encourage management of differences applied to the business world.
- From institutions, we must reward the outstanding talent and the companies that are socially responsible in gender matters.
- From media, they should make an effort to give visibility to female talent and be more respectful with the role assigned to women.
- From the associations, we must share our progress and be able to dialogue to find common areas of collaboration.
- From the families, we must instil values to our children such as a better distribution of tasks and respect for people.
- As individuals, we have to work to align our personal factors with the organisational ones and turn our talent into value.
List of Links: